I am a PhD student, biotech researcher, and science communicator.
Growth as a STEM grad student requires a lot of reading. I’m able to track many of these papers and what I’ve learned from them here.
This is also a student support blog. That means science, student life, study tips, the after-college job hunt, and an occasional random topic in the name of work/life balance.
You can send questions, comments, etc. to: info [at] biobythebay.com.
On Science and the Practice of It
Science is not a heartless pursuit of objective information; it is a creative human activity.Stephen Jay Gould
Approach change with curiosity.Carissa Gay
Science and everyday life cannot and should not be separated.Rosalind Franklin
The stupider one is, the clearer one is. Stupidity is brief and artless, while intelligence wriggles and hides itself. Intelligence is a knave, but stupidity is honest and straightforward.Fyodor Dostoyevsky
It is very unfortunate if your theory predicts the presence of negative rabbits.Stuart Kauffman
There is no nobler aspiration of the human intellect than desire to compass the cause of things.T. C. Chamberlin
Around the Web
- So You Got a STEM Degree: What Next? – Thomas Edison State University blog
- So You Got a STEM Degree: How to Start a Career in Academia – Thomas Edison State University blog
- What I Wish I Knew as an Online STEM Major – Unbound Student Life blog
- So You Got a STEM Degree: How to Start a Career in Law and Policy – Thomas Edison State University blog
- So You Got a STEM Degree: How to Start a Degree in Business – Thomas Edison State University blog